Hello Fancher Creek Families,
Welcome to Week 37 of the 2020-2021 school year! We are continuing end-of-year assessments this week, so attendanc is very important. Be sure to read to the end for the latest information. Thank you for reading this message!
UPDATE ON MASK REQUIREMENTS...
The CDC and Department of Publich Health has released new guidelines about mask requirements on school campuses. Please read the information below for the new guidelines.
- Masks must still be worn inside classrooms, offices, and buildings on campus. That rule has not changed.
- Masks may be removed when outside IF students and staff remain 6 feet apart. This will allow for us to continue mask breaks during recess time if students are 6 feet apart.
- Students may keep their masks off until they get to their classrooms, but they must keep a 6-foot distance from other students and staff.
- When students arrive for temperature checks, our staff will make sure they have a mask before walking to class.
- For large events on campus, masks are required for ALL who attend. Our 6th Grade Completion Ceremony on June 2nd will be a MASKS REQUIRED event for ALL who attend.
We understand that with 9 days of school left, parents may want to follow the previous rules by having students wear their masks when getting out of the car and that is okay.
NOTE.... Anyone who is picking up students or dropping students by walking up to the front of the school MUST maintain a 6-foot distance from other parents while they wait for their child.
CEHS GRAD WALK...
MONDAY is our GRAD WALK! All students who are on campus should wear Falcon Spirit Gear or Falcon colors (red, blue, or white). Since we cannot space students 6-feet apart, we will all be wearing our masks in the hallways during the event.
This year, we will be celebrating the Class of 2021 from Clovis East High School this year with a modified Grad Walk on Monday, May 24th. Our students who are on campus will be outside cheering the graduates on while they walk through campus wearing their caps and gowns. We will be recording messages to the graduates instead of holding an outdoor assembly with our students and the graduates. Pictures and video clips from the event will be used for the graduation ceremony as well as a senior memory video. We are excited to be a part of this event once again! The Grad Walk was voted the most important event to this year's graduates, so we are happy they are able to visit Fancher Creek again before they graduate.
Thank you to all the families who participated in Mrs. Prentice's Retirement Parade! She was so happy to see so many of her current and former students and their families. You made her celebration extra special!
EARLY DEVICE CHECK-IN...
We are still accepting devices this week for EARLY DEVICE CHECK-IN!
ALL laptops, charging cords, and hot spots that have been loaned to our families this year MUST be returned by the last day of school. If your child has reliable technology to participate in Zoom class and no longer needs the school equipment, our staff will begin holding Early Device Check-Ins from 3:00-4:30 PM on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays. We ask that parents bring all parts of the devices, including charging cords and boxes with them. Devices that are damaged, not working, or missing parts will be charged replacement costs.
Unfortunately, most of the devices that have been returned for repair have not been able to be repaired. So, our supply of computers and chargers is low. Please be sure devices are kept in safe places and used appropriately. We need to have devices for our students to use next year. Thank you for your help!
LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL...
Monday, May 31st:
- Memorial Day Holiday - NO SCHOOL - Campus Closed
Tuesday, June 1st:
- Regular Schedule for ALL Students
- 6th Grade In-Person Students Turn-In Devices (Laptops, Charging Cord, Hot Spots)
- TK-5 Academic Awards - Parents will Zoom at Specific Times - Teachers will share time and link with parents
Wednesday, June 2nd:
- 8:00 - 9:00 AM: TK-5 Zoom Class Check-In
- 6th Grade Completion Ceremony - Amphitheater - Invitations Coming This Week - Participation is Optional
- 8:00 AM - Mrs. Mireles & Mr. Horn's Classes
- 10:00 AM - Ms. DeLuca & Miss Olsen's Classes
- No Zoom Class for 6th Graders Due to Awards Ceremony
Thursday, June 3rd:
- Regular Schedule for On-Line Students
- ALL In-Person Students Attend in AM (8:00-10:30 AM)
- TK-6 In-Person Students Turn-In Devices (Laptops, Charging Cord, Hot Spots) - Bring devices to school
- Device Check-In for ALL Students
- 12:00-4:00 PM - Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten
- 2:00-4:00 PM - 1st-6th Grades
Friday, June 4th:
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- ALL In-Person Students Attend in AM (8:00-10:30 AM)
- Teachers will send directions to on-line students
- 1:30-4:30 PM - Final Device Check-In for ALL Students
Reminder... if your child develops ANY of the symptoms on the CDC list for COVID while at school, we MUST send them (and any other student who lives in the house) home for a 10-day quarantine period. We must send students home even if these symptoms are not caused by COVID-19. Parents may choose to have their children tested if sent home for symptoms. A negative test result allows students & their siblings to return the next school day. This is a MANDATORY guideline that we must follow or risk having our campus closed.
NOTE... students with any of the symptoms below should stay home and parents should call the office to report the illness. Our Health Office Staff will provide information about student return date.
- COVID-19 Symptoms (CDC List):
- Fever or Chills
- Congestion/Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of Breath
- New Loss of Smell or Taste
- Muscle Aches
NO SCHOOL DATES...
- Monday, May 31st - Memorial Day Holiday - Campus Closed
DRESS CODE REMINDERS...
Thank you so much for your help!
As students are coming to campus, we have tried to be flexible by providing reminders about dress code when students arrive out of dress code. As the weather has gotten warmer, we have many more students coming to school out of dress code. This district policy helps us create and maintain a safe school environment. So, it is important that we ensure all students are in dress code every school day.
Common Dress Code Violations This Year:
- Rips, Tears, & Shreds in Clothes - All clothes need to be hole-free. Jeans or other items that are sold with rips, tears, holes, and shreds are not in dress code and should not be worn to school
- Camouflage - Camouflage (green, gray, black, blue, tan) is out of dress code. We love our military and have several camouflage dress-up days to show our support, but camouflage is not part of our approved dauly dress code
- Short Length - shorts must reach mid-thigh, no shorter. This tends to be more of an issue for our girls since longer shorts are a bit harder to find. However, this rule applies to all students.
- Tank Tops & Sleeveless Shirts - Straps on shirts must be at least 2 inches wide. Sleeveless (muscle) shirts are allowed as long as they are not cut offs. Any tank or sleeveless top must fit tight under the arm.
- Hair - A single hard part is allowed, but multiple lines, designs, shapes, or words cut into hair are not. Hair may not be shaved on the sides with longer hair in the middle (mohawk-style). Hair may also not be shaved on one side with longer hair on the other side.
CUSD Connect & Flexible On-Line Students need to be in dress code during class time from hair to waist. Please help make sure students are not wearing pajamas for school.
Here is a Dress Code Guide with pictures to help parents plan what their children wear to school... 20-21 Dress Code Guide
ATTENDANCE IS VERY IMPORTANT...
Just a reminder that clearing student absences are important. Please submit a form online or call the attendance hotline (327-6793) to clear your child's absence.
Attendance is critical for success. Students who make attending their classes a priority are making more progress and mastering more of their grade level standards than students who are not. Students with many absences are not making as much growth. Please help by making sure your child has everything they need to succeed by logging in on time, attending all classes, and having access to their materials.
Meal service is available at the Clovis East High School Bus Lanes from 6:30-7:30 AM. All families are able to pick up meals from Clovis East Monday through Friday.
This Week... Positivity Project Character Strength: YEAR-END WRAP-UP WEEK (Last Week of Positivity Project Lessons)
- Monday - CEHS Grad Walk - Wear your Falcon Gear - CUSD Connect log-in at 8:30 AM - AM Session Hybrid begins at 8:00 AM - PM Session Hybrid begins at 12:00 PM - Flexible Online be sure to log-in for your daily check-in
- Tuesday - CUSD Connect log-in at 8:30 AM - AM Session Hybrid begins at 8:00 AM - PM Session Hybrid begins at 12:00 PM - Flexible Online be sure to log-in for your daily check-in- Hybrid ASES - 3:00-5:00 PM - Health Screenings at West Drop-Off Drive-Through
- Wednesday - COLLEGE DAY - Wear Your College Gear - Early Release Day - TK-6 students log-in from 8:00-11:00 AM - Flexible Online be sure to log-in for your daily check-in - CEHS Graduation - 7:00 PM @ Lamonica Stadium
- Thursday - CUSD Connect log-in at 8:30 AM - AM Session Hybrid begins at 8:00 AM - PM Session Hybrid TK-4th begins at 12:00 PM - Flexible Online be sure to log-in for your daily check-in - Hybrid ASES - 3:00-5:00 PM - Health Screenings at West Drop-Off Drive-Through
- Friday - SPIRIT DAY - Wear your Falcon Gear - CUSD Connect log-in at 8:30 AM - AM Session Hybrid begins at 8:00 AM - PM Session Hybrid for TK-6th begins at 12:00 PM - Flexible Online be sure to log-in for your daily check-in
Looking forward to a terrific week!
Fancher Creek Educational Team