Good Morning Fancher Creek Families,
Welcome to Week 6 of the 2021-2022 school year! Please be sure to read all the information in this message. Thank you!
Save The Date...
Our First Quarter Parent Meeting will be held on Thursday, September 30th at 5:30 PM. We will be holding the meeting in person (in the Cafeteria) and on Zoom. This meeting is very important for parents to attend because there are two topics that our district must address this school year. The topics are 22-23 Bell Schedules and CUSD Dress Code. We are in the process of gathering feedback from students, staff, and parents to share with the School Board. This information will help influence the district's plans.
Bell Schedule Information... A few years ago, there was a law passed in California that requires middle school (7th & 8th grades) students to start school no earlier than 8:00 AM and high school (9th-12th) students to start school no earlier than 8:30 AM. Next school year, 2022-2023, all bell schedules across the state must meet these guidelines. This change will affect all schools in our district because of district-wide services, such as bus routes, Campus Catering, custodial, and other supports. Fancher Creek is a walking school (no school buses), but we do have Special Education programs that do bring our students to school each day. Information will be shared at the meeting about the options for Fancher Creek.
Dress Code Information... Last year, a group of students and community members presented proposed changes to our current CUSD dress code. Before the School Board makes a decision about the adjustments to the current dress code, they want to hear from every school site. At the meeting, we will share the purpose of the dress code, overview of the dress code, and ask for items to keep and items to adjust.
Hope to see you in person or online next Thursday!
We have been able to clear campus and get almost all of our students to their after school activities within 15 minutes of the bell. This is because our parents have made sure to select a pick-up plan that works best for their children, be on time for pick-up, and follow pick-up procedures. We appreciate your help!
Student Cell Phone Use...
We've talked to several upper grade classes about the use of cell phones on campus and want to be sure all of our parents are aware of our expectations and procedures. We understand the connection to cell phones and the importance of being able to contact children, but they can be a distraction in the classroom and on campus.
Students may have cell phones at school. They must be turned off and stored in a safe place in their backpacks (inside pocket is recommended). They may use their cell phones to call parents as they are leaving campus at the end of the school day, but are not allowed to use the phone during school hours. If a student needs to contact parents, our staff will allow students to use our school phones. If a student does not follow these guidelines, the cellphone will be placed in a secure place in the office until parents are able to pick it up.
Since speaking with classes, students have followed cell phone guidelines and no cell phones have had to be picked up by parents.
We will have our first Snack Shack for students this Friday. Our PTC will be preparing $1 and $5 snack bags for sale. $1 bags will have a Rice Krispie Treat and 2 bags of fruit snacks. $5 bags will have a 100% fruit juice box, chocolate chip granola bar, Rice Krispie Treat, 2 bags of fruit snacks, & prize. We will sell to 1st-6th graders, AM Kindergarten, & PM Kindergarten at the end of their school day. Please send your child with $1 or $5 on Friday if you'd like them to participate in our first Snack Shack.
Reminders From Last Week's Sunday Snapshot:
If you'd like to bring treats to celebrate your child's birthday with their classmates, please see the information below...
- Contact your child's teacher at least 24 hours before your child's birthday
- Drop off treats in the Main Office
- Treats MUST be pre-packaged & individually wrapped (examples... Rice Krispy Treats, Hostess Cupcakes, Little Debbie Snacks, Juice Boxes)
When health & safety guidelines change, we will be sure to let parents know.
Since all three sports play outside, visitors are not expected to wear masks. However, ALL visitors MUST practice physical distancing. Plan to bring your own chair or blanket to sit and watch the game.
Student-athletes must be checked out by a parent or other authorized adult or ride the bus back to Fancher Creek to walk home, be picked up, or attend ASES/Campus Club.
- Varsity - 2:30 PM
- Junior Varsity - None - Young only has a Varsity Team
- Varsity - 2:30 PM
- Junior Varsity - After Varsity Game (approximately 3:00 PM)
- 4th Grade Girls Begin at 2:30 PM
- 4th Grade Boys After 4th Grade Girls
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls After 4th Grade Boys
- 5th & 6th Grade Boys After 5th & 6th Grade Girls
This Week's Highlights: Positivity Project Weekly Focus: Teamwork
- Monday - Sports Practice (Football, Cross Country, Girls' Volleyball) - 3:05-4:05 PM
- Tuesday - Student Council Meeting - 7:30 AM in Room 12 - Sports Practice (Football, Cross Country, Girls' Volleyball) - 3:05-4:05 PM
- Wednesday - COLLEGE DAY - Wear Your College Gear - Early Release Day - 10:45 AM for AM Kindergarten & 1:30 PM for PM Kinder-6th Grades - Cheer Practice - 3:00 PM in the Amphitheater
- Thursday - 1st Grade Field Trip to the CEHS Ag Farm - Sports Practice (Football, Cross Country, & Girls' Volleyball) - 3:05-4:05 PM - 6th Grade SOS Parent Chaperone Meeting - 5:30 PM in MPR
- Friday - SPIRIT DAY - Wear Red or Blue to Show Falcon Pride - NO Colored Hair or Face Paint -Progress Reports Sent Home with 1st-6th Graders - Games @ Young Elementary School - See Game Times & Guidelines Above - Snack Shack - K - 6th grades - at the end of the school day
Looking forward to a fantastic week!
Fancher Creek Educational Team