Hello Fancher Creek Families,
Welcome to Week 10 of the 2020-2021 school year! This is Red Ribbon Week! Next week is Conference Week and our schedule will be different. Be sure to read to the end for the latest information. Thank you for reading this message!
Information about School Re-Opening Plans...
Our Parent Survey closed on Friday at 5:00 PM. We had 531 survey responses. Thank you for completing the surveys for your children! We do have 227 students without responses and will be trying to collect that information by Monday morning. It is REALLY important to have information for each of our students, so thank you for your help with this. As soon as we have information about each of our students, we can begin making adjustments to student schedules. Parents will be notified of changes next week.
We are still planning on a November 3rd opening, but that will be confirmed at our district Board meeting this Wednesday. They will be providing guidance about our schedules and re-opening plans based on the latest information from the Fresno County Department of Public Health. Stay close to your email and text for updates.
Red Ribbon Week..
Red Ribbon Week is this week... Monday through Friday! To celebrate, we will have dress up days for all our students to participate in throughout the week.
- Monday - Camouflage Day
- Tuesday - Superhero Day (no full face masks - eye masks are okay)
- Wednesday - Character Day
- Thursday - Jersey Day (Pro Sports)
- Friday - Red Out (Head-to-Toe Red - Spray Hair Color is okay)
Parent conferences will take place between October 26th and October 29th. Teachers have sent out scheduling information to parents to select the time that works best for their schedules. All conferences will be held on Zoom this year. Parents may decline a conference if there are no concerns about student progress. Parents need to communicate with their child's teacher to discuss the need for a conference if there are questions.
Over the 4 days of conferences, our school schedule will be different to allow for time to hold conferences. Students will have independent work to complete each day.
Grades 1 - 6:
- Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday - Class from 8:30 - 10:00, Break at 10:00, Class from 10:15-10:45, Independent Work Time from 10:45-11:45
- Wednesday - Class from 8:30-10:00, Break from 10:00-10:30, Class from 10:30-11:00, Independent Work Time from 11:00-11:45
- Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday - Class from 8:15-9:45, Break at 9:45, Class from 10:00-10:30, Independent Work Time from 10:30-11:30
- Wednesday - Class from 8:15-9:30, Break at 9:30, Class from 9:45-10:15, Independent Work Time from 10:15-11:30
- Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday - Class from 11:15-12:45, Break at 12:45, Class from 1:00-1:30, Independent Work from 1:30-2:30
- Wednesday - Class from 10:30-11:45, Break at 11:45, Class from 12:00-12:30, Independent Work from 12:30-1:30
NO SCHOOL DATES...
Friday, October 30th & Monday, November 2nd are No School Days for Students. Our Main Office will be open and our staff will be in meetings to prepare for our school re-opening on Tuesday, November 3rd. We hope everyone enjoys the long weekend!
FALCON Masks for SALE...
Our Fancher Creek Parent-Teacher Club's main purpose is to raise money to provide for our school. Since we cannot hold our "regular" fundraisers right now, our PTC has designed Fancher Creek Falcon masks to help raise money, spread school spirit, and provide a needed item in our daily lives. There are two sizes... child (grades TK-3 - will fit younger/smaller children well) and adult (grades 3-6 and adults). The masks are $10 each. PTC has set up a Venmo account to allow for contactless purchases. Simply use the Venmo account name (@FancherPTC), type order in the message box, and send payment to order your Falcon masks. Once the order is ready, you will receive a message with information about picking up the masks.
This Week... Positivity Project Character Strength: FORGIVENESS
- Monday - Red Ribbon Week - CAMOUFLAGE DAY - Students log-in at all instructional blocks - Subject Instruction - Flexible Online - Daily Log-In at 8:30 AM or 2:30 PM
- Tuesday - Red Ribbon Week - SUPERHERO DAY - Eye masks are okay/No full face masks - Students log-in at all instructional blocks - Subject Instruction - Flexible Online - Daily Log-In at 8:30 AM or 2:30 PM -
- Wednesday - CHARACTER DAY! - Wear your grade level character color! - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Students have independent work time that will be assigned by teachers - this is the only time students will work outside of their online teacher time - Flexible Online - Daily Log-In at 8:30 AM or 12:30 PM
- Thursday - Red Ribbon Week - JERSEY DAY - Wear Pro Sports gear - Students log-in at all instructional blocks - Subject Instruction - Flexible Online - Daily Log-In at 8:30 AM or 2:30 PM -
- Friday - Red Ribbon Week - RED OUT DAY - Wear red head-to-toe (red spray hair color is okay) - Students log-in at all instructional blocks - Subject Instruction - Flexible Online - Daily Log-In at 8:30 AM or 2:30 PM - Drive Through Snack Shack - 4:00-5:15 PM
Looking forward to a super week!
Fancher Creek Educational Team