Hello Fancher Creek Families,
Welcome to Week 30 of the 2020-2021 school year! Hope you have had a wonderful Spring Break! Be sure to read to the end for the latest information. Thank you for reading this message!
Thank you for your support of our school-wide catalog fundraiser and Parent-Teacher Club Snack Shack last month! We raised much-needed money for our student programs and activities. We really could not do this without you!
On Tuesday, April 6th, our cross country, softball, and baseball practices begin from 3:00-4:00 PM on campus. Students in the PM session will be dismissed from their classes to their coaches for practice. Students who are coming to campus for practice should arrive for health checks at 2:50 PM. Staff will conduct health checks in the Drop-Off Driveway in the front of the school. This is the same location all students should be picked up after practice at 4:00 PM.
NOTE... Parents and visitors are still not able to come onto campus to watch practices due to COVID-19 guidelines. All students will be walked to the front of the school by coaches for pick-up.
The last day of our Session 1 Academic Team meetings is Tuesday, April 6th from 3:00-4:00 PM on Zoom.
Session 2 Academic Team meetings begin on Monday, April 12th from 3:00-4:00 PM on Zoom. Coaches and advisors will be sending log-in information to Session 2 parents by Friday, April 9th.
4TH QUARTER UPDATE...
Last weekend an email and text message were sent to all parents with a link to a Spring Break Update video. This video has all the latest information about changing guidelines and Fancher Creek's 4th Quarter Plan. This video does run about 22 minutes and has very important information.
If you have not watched the video yet, please use the link to the video below. There is also an attachment of the Spring Break Update PowerPoint for your reference. The video explains the information on the PowerPoint, so the video is the best option for all of the information parents need.
Link to Spring Break Update Video... https://youtu.be/NKN6JOcvHOM
PDF... Spring Break Update Presentation
AUTISM ACCEPTANCE MONTH...
April is Autism Acceptance Month! Fancher Creek is lucky enough to have a PreK - 6th Grade Autism Program on campus. There have been several changes in the Autism community over the past year and CUSD is adjusting with the changes. One way we are shifting is the way we show our support and acceptance of our students. We will be showing our support by wearing RED every Tuesday in April. We would love to fill our campus and Zoom screens with RED each week to show our support!
In addition to wearing red, our autism program teachers, Mrs. Potter, Mrs. Cunningham, & Mr. Benson, will be providing resources to all of our teachers to share with students. Our staff is looking forward to helping all of our Falcons better understand autism and the special gifts our students have to share will them.
Next week, April 12th - 16th, will be our Autism Acceptance Spirit Week. We will have daily dress-up themes for ALL students to join in on to show their support.
- Monday 4/12 - Pokemon Day - The creator of Pokemon, Tajiri Satoshi, is autistic & used his talents to create a video game world of characters that is popular across the globe. Dress as your favorite Pokemon character or create your own character
- Tuesday 4/13 - Autism Acceptance Day - Wear RED to show support for Autism Acceptance
- Wednesday 4/14 - What's Your Passion Day - One characteristic of autism is to be able to intensely focus on topics of interest - Dress to show what you love or a passion
- Thursday 4/15 - Neurodiversity Day - Autism is not the same in every person. Our brains are all very different, yet extremely special and powerful - To celebrate the spectrum of the human brain, wear rainbow or bright tie-dye clothes
- Friday 4/16 - Sensory Friendly Day - Autistic people often are sensitive to certain noises, smells, tastes, and clothing - Today, wear soft, comfy clothing or pajamas - Real shoes are required for students who will be on campus
IN-PERSON HYBRID FAMILIES...
AM Session students should not arrive to campus before 7:45 AM.
PM Session students should not arrive to campus before 11:45 AM.
- ONLY students who walk or ride to school should use the line with the orange cones
- Students being dropped off by car need to stay in the car until our staff check their temperatures
- Students should NOT be dropped off by car to walk up to the orange cone line
- We process Health Checks quickly and will begin having students leave cars at 11:45 AM
REMINDER... There is NO supervision for students before 7:45 or 11:45 AM. There is no one outside to guarantee students are physically distancing and wearing masks properly until those times. Thank you for helping us keep everyone safe!
NO SCHOOL DATES...
- Monday, May 31st - Memorial Day Holiday - Campus Closed
ATTENDANCE IS VERY IMPORTANT...
Just a reminder that clearing student absences are important. Please submit a form online or call the attendance hotline (327-6793) to clear your child's absence.
Attendance is critical for success. Students who make attending their classes a priority are making more progress and mastering more of their grade level standards than students who are not. Students with many absences are not making as much growth. Please help by making sure your child has everything they need to succeed by logging in on time, attending all classes, and having access to their materials.
Meal service is available at the Clovis East High School Bus Lanes from 6:30-7:30 AM. All families are able to pick up meals from Clovis East Monday through Friday.
This Week... Positivity Project Character Strength: SEEING GOOD IN OTHERS
- Monday - SPRING BREAK CONTINUES - No School - Campus Closed
- Tuesday - AUTISM ACCEPTANCE DAY - Wear RED - CUSD Connect log-in at 8:30 AM - AM Session Hybrid begins at 8:00 AM - PM Session Hybrid begins at 12:00 PM - Flexible Online be sure to log-in for your daily check-in- Hybrid ASES - 3:00-5:00 PM - Health Screenings at West Drop-Off Drive-Through - Cross Country, Softball, & Baseball Practice - On-Campus - 3:00-4:00 PM - Session 1 Academic Club Meetings - On Zoom - 3:00-4:00 PM - April Parent-Teacher Club Meeting - 6:00 PM on Zoom - Link will be sent in separate email
- Wednesday - CHARACTER DAY - Wear your grade level pillar color - Early Release Day - TK-6 students log-in from 8:00-11:00 AM - Flexible Online be sure to log-in for your daily check-in - Pep & Cheer Practice - On Campus - 3:00-4:00 PM
- Thursday - CUSD Connect log-in at 8:30 AM - AM Session Hybrid begins at 8:00 AM - PM Session Hybrid TK-4th begins at 12:00 PM - Flexible Online be sure to log-in for your daily check-in - Hybrid ASES - 3:00-5:00 PM - Health Screenings at West Drop-Off Drive-Through - Cross Country, Softball, & Baseball Practice - On-Campus - 3:00-4:00 PM
- Friday - NATIONAL UNICORN DAY - Show Your Unicorn Style - CUSD Connect log-in at 8:30 AM - AM Session Hybrid begins at 8:00 AM - PM Session Hybrid for TK-6th begins at 12:00 PM - Flexible Online be sure to log-in for your daily check-in
Looking forward to an amazing week!
Fancher Creek Educational Team