Hello Fancher Creek Families,
Welcome to Week 6 of the 2020-2021 school year! This is Progress Report Week! Full participation means that students attend ALL instructional blocks, complete ALL assignments, & study for ALL assessments. Students who are missing instructional blocks are not showing the same progress as those who are attending all class sessions. Our intervention staff have begun working with students and teachers are working hard to help students catch up. We understand that this format takes some time to get used to, but it is important for our students to attend class. If they don't, they will fall behind. Thank you for making school and class time a priority!
This message contains new information and reminders, so please read to the end. Thank you for reading this message!
School Site Council - We Need PARENTS!...
Each school in California is required to form a School Site Council to serve as an advisory for the school's support programs and use of special funding. The School Site Council meets four times each school year (once per quarter) to review current guidelines, policies, plans, and student goals. The meetings are held after school at 3:30 PM. The first quarter meeting will be held via Zoom in October.
Each year, Fancher Creek asks for parents to nominate themselves to join the SSC. Once all nominations are received, a ballot is sent to all parents to determine our parents on the council. This form has been sent out in previous weeks, but we need more nominations. Please use the link to find the link to the letter and link to nominate yourself for this year's School Site Council.
Link to School Site Council (SSC) nomination letter... 2020-2021 SSC Nomination Letter
Larson Brothers has developed a safe and efficient way to take school pictures at each of our schools this year. Each school has three afternoon/evening times for school pictures. Fancher Creek's Picture Days are Friday, September 25th, Monday, September 28th, & Tuesday, September 29th from 3:00 - 7:15 PM. We will have two photographers in two different locations on campus. These pictures will be used for our school yearbook and to replace last year's pictures in our student database (for safety). Picture packages are available for purchase. NOTE... If students do not take pictures, they will not appear in the yearbook and will not be able to purchase pictures.
A detailed email will be sent to parents about school pictures, schedule, picture taking process, and price lists for picture packages Monday, September 21st.
At Home Learning Space...
After several weeks of online learning, we have learned a few tips to support students in their learning while at home. We know there are many challenges in setting up school spaces for each child and appreciate everything our parents have done to transform their homes. We will continue to communicate with parents to support the best learning environment for students. It has been a great partnership so far & we are grateful for that!
- A wall is the best background for students (less chance anyone will walk behind student and be in view of the class)
- Headphones help reduce the amount of background noise heard (when there is a lot of noise in the house, it is difficult to hear students when they share & it is difficult for the class to focus on the learning)
- When there is more than one student at home, separating them reduces internet trouble & distraction (when computers are next to each other, they compete for internet signal)
- Setting students for school away from common areas can help background noise and people walking through the camera view (We have heard a lot of TV, adult talk, & feedback as well as adults and young children walking through the camera view. This is usually accidental, but it is distracting to the class since everyone can see and hear each other)
FALCON Masks for SALE...
Our Fancher Creek Parent-Teacher Club's main purpose is to raise money to provide for our school. Since we cannot hold our "regular" fundraisers right now, our PTC has designed Fancher Creek Falcon masks to help raise money, spread school spirit, and provide a needed item in our daily lives. There are two sizes... child (grades TK-3 - will fit younger/smaller children well) and adult (grades 3-6 and adults). The masks are $10 each. PTC has set up a Venmo account to allow for contactless purchases. Simply use the Venmo account name (@FancherPTC), type order in the message box, and send payment to order your Falcon masks. Once the order is ready, you will receive a message with information about picking up the masks.
Our Summer Seamless Meal Service program has been extended through December. This means that meals will be served to ALL children (ages 1-18) at NO COST. The Student ID or Lunch Cards from Fancher Creek or other schools are not needed any longer to pick up meals. Children do not need to be present to pick-up meals.
Breakfast & lunch will be served in a drive-through format Monday-Friday from 7:00 - 9:00 AM.
If your child is ill or cannot join class sessions online due to an appointment, please call the attendance line (327-6793) or report an absence using the link below (also found on our website). Absences must still be cleared by a parent within 3 days of the absence.
If your child is going to miss an instructional block, but will be attending others, please communicate with your child's teacher. They will make sure students have what they need to catch up.
We have received many questions about low-cost Internet. Use the link below to learn more about the low-cost internet and computer program through Comcast. We hope this helps and answers your questions. This program is not run by the school or district, we are just providing the link to information. If you have specific questions, please call the number on the website (link below).
- Monday - Students log-in at all instructional blocks - Subject Instruction - Flexible Online - Daily Log-In at 8:30 AM or 2:30 PM
- Tuesday - Students log-in at all instructional blocks - Subject Instruction - Flexible Online - Daily Log-In at 8:30 AM or 2:30 PM
- Wednesday - COLLEGE DAY! - Wear Your College Gear - Bulldog Logo and "Bulldog" words on shirts is okay on this day - EARLY RELEASE DAY - Students have independent work time that will be assigned by teachers - this is the only time students will work outside of their online teacher time - Flexible Online - Daily Log-In at 8:30 AM or 12:30 PM
- Thursday - Students log-in at all instructional blocks - Subject Instruction - Flexible Online - Daily Log-In at 8:30 AM or 2:30 PM
- Friday - SPIRIT DAY! - Wear Falcon Spirit Wear or School Colors (Red, White, Blus) - Students log-in at all instructional blocks - Subject Instruction - Flexible Online - Daily Log-In at 8:30 AM or 2:30 PM - PICTURE DAY #1 - 3:00 - 7:15 PM - See Information Above
Looking forward to a marvelous week!
Fancher Creek Educational Team